It has been a very long time since I've updated this blog. So much has happened and so little at the same time. Several weddings, a couple funerals, visits with long lost friends, lost teeth, found toys. Time marches on.
Isaac is almost 2 1/2 and Jon will be 8 in January! I wish time would slow down a little. I am doing my best to treasure every moment.
Jon is enjoying 2nd grade and will become a member of the Cub Scouts this month. I hope he likes it. He continues to amaze us with his retention of facts learned days, weeks, months and even years ago. He is a special guy for sure.
Isaac is learning so much everyday. He loves the moon and the stars. And fireworks. Every night he looks up into the sky expectantly. I hope he never loses that wonderment.
Andrew is still with Larry Abell. He got a raise and a slight promotion. We are still poor. :) Andrew has started up a new hobby. Metal detecting! He loves it and it has given our family several unexpected bonuses. We all get quite the history lesson and get to brush up on our research skills, helping Andrew identify his finds. He has also lost about 25 pounds with all the walking and digging that he does. Hooray!
I am still trying to go back to college, but every time I do a new obstacle gets thrown in front of us and the money saved has to go somewhere else. For the time being, I am enjoying being lucky enough to be with my children when they are small. No amount of designer handbags or stylish clothes will ever buy back this precious time in our lives. I am there to kiss every scrape, comfort during illness, and witness every milestone. I am so thankful for the opportunity.
And that's us in a nutshell. Hopefully I'll get better about updating this thing, but we're really not that interesting and there isn't much to write :)

No comments:
Post a Comment